What is it?
The Cincy Riders photo challenge encourages us to get out and ride areas of the tri-state we may not have ridden before. When can you join? NOW! It doesn't matter if there's 1 month or 11 left in the year!
Game play takes place in, and is managed through, the Photo Challenge channel of the Cincy Riders Discord: discord.cincyriders.com
How it Works (Sample Order)
- Rider A posts a photo with identifiable landmarks. (For this example, lets say Fountain Square.)
Others try to determine the location (by themselves) using clues the from the photo.
- Rider B and Rider C figure out the location & start riding to Fountain Square.
Rider C takes a picture of their motorcycle at Fountain Square (similar to Rider A's from step 1) and immediately posts it to the Photo Challenge Discord channel, before Rider B has the chance to.
- This reserves the point for Rider C, but it hasn't scored yet. Keep reading!
Within 36 hours, Rider C restarts Step 1 by riding to a new location and posting a photo of their motorcycle with identifiable landmarks to Discord.
- Rider C has now completed the flow and scored the point.
- Continue to step 2 above.
Info & Clarifications
Play is sequential. The person who posts a photo from the active spot to the Discord channel first reserves the point.
- Tip: once you take a photo at the active spot, post immediately! If another rider gets there an hour later, but posts their photo before you, the point is reserved as theirs!
Reserved points aren't scored until the rider posts the next location (36 hour grace period).
- If 36 hours lapse with no new photo, the point is no longer reserved and the prior spot is up for grabs again.
- The person with the most points at the end of the season/year wins.
Locations should be:
- Within a ~20 mile (crow flies, not driving) radius of Fountain Square for easy access via a 275 loop + wiggle room. (rough map below)
- Identifiable (memorial displays, statues, buildings, signs, art/graffiti, overlooks, etc). The side of a road with a random house doesn't count as it isn't identifiable.
- Accessible by all bike styles (no locations requiring trespassing, off roading or with limited accessibility.)
- Unused in the current year.
- Your bike must be in the picture at the location. A unique feature (like your glove on the bike) is encouraged to ensure current pictures.
- If no activity in Discord for a couple days, ask if people need a hint to keep the game from stalling out (but don't give it away!)
Group ride? Reserve & claim group points:
- Everyone’s bike must be in both the original spot and new spot photos to get the point.
- Points are added to each riders individual totals.
- The rider(s) who submitted the current challenge cannot participate in the discovery of that same challenge.
Rough Map Area