2023 - What's your insurance premium looking like?

GPJake

Some info that might be relevant?

• Motorcycle: 2021 Ducati SuperSport 950S
  • Rider: 39 years old, male
  • Full Coverage or Liability: Full coverage
  • Policy Changes: Not a single one!

I just got my 2023 renewal notice from Progressive. I know tons of factors influence the base price (specific coverage levels, deductibles, marital status, etc)... But I'm less concerned with cost and more surprised by this 35% discount I had no clue I'd be getting...

image.thumb.jpeg.641acc90eafc14358a128af67e5609eb.jpeg

Is it just because I'm turning 40 this year?!?! Is that a magic milestone for moto insurance premiums?!?!!!

Any ideas?

• 3 weeks later...

• Motorcycle: 2022 ktm 890 duke r 
  • Rider: 39 years old, male
  • Full Coverage or Liability: Full coverage
  • Policy Changes none 

Hoping I don’t jinx myself but my premium is less than yours with an at fault accident. Supposed to drop off after 3 years so maybe that’s why?  $395.36 for the year.  Maybe coverage is different. I dunno.  I got Dairyland. 

My personal experience with progressive has been terrible. Used to have em and they increased my rates every year in my early twenties. Same bike, no accidents.  Now I (sorta) deal with progressives claim adjuster, and again bad experiences. 

Always good to shop around every year. Insurance companies aren’t loyal to you, no need to be loyal to them. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Atrain said:

Always good to shop around every year. Insurance companies aren’t loyal to you, no need to be loyal to them. 

100%.

I check around about once a year. The last company I was with stopped offering insurance in KY. 

I'm going to check Erie again also. They were more than Progressive for me last year, but I know @Windfall and @Elongo06 use & like them & their prices. 

• 3 weeks later...

Motorcycle: 2019 ZX636(GKF)

Rider: 40M,S no tickets or accidents

Full coverage 100k/300k/100k U-M 100/300/100

Policy changes: 2023 will be changed to "leisure". Some reason it's not set. Should lower it.

$656 a year with a $50 deductible with Erie.(annual vanishing deductible and rate lock)

Note: Erie will not insure a single bike, I believe you need a auto policy as well. The full auto WITH bike FC for both is $1,119. Which should go down.

Edited by Elongo06
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Elongo06 said:

Note: Erie will not insure a single bike, I believe you need a auto policy as well. The full auto WITH bike FC for both is $1,119. Which should go down.

Interesting. I actually checked my bike only with Erie, and it was over twice as expensive as Progressive. I don't recall seeing anything about needing an auto policy, but maybe that had something to do with it... 

Motorcycle: 2010 Kawasaki ZX6R

Rider: 29, M, Single, no tickets ever, temporary permit only

Policy: Full coverage 250/500 

$281/year, I think it's a $500 ded on comp/collision. With American Modern through Geico

I don't know, this makes me feel like I am getting a pretty good deal on insurance seeing what you all pay. I was told it will go down once I have my endorsement as well. We'll see by how much. 

I had a 15k comprehensive claim from when a deer hit my car about two years ago. Not sure if those change the price or anything though, I don't think my auto policy went up. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ngphill said:

Motorcycle: 2010 Kawasaki ZX6R

Rider: 29, M, Single, no tickets ever, temporary permit only

Policy: Full coverage 250/500 

$281/year, I think it's a $500 ded on comp/collision. With American Modern through Geico

I don't know, this makes me feel like I am getting a pretty good deal on insurance seeing what you all pay. I was told it will go down once I have my endorsement as well. We'll see by how much. 

I had a 15k comprehensive claim from when a deer hit my car about two years ago. Not sure if those change the price or anything though, I don't think my auto policy went up. 

That sounds pretty damn good. Very nice.